Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: After Nellies Promise

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What changes do you think will occur ?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't really want to know. The very reason why I hated Nellie's promise was it had to continue what had happened rather than just letting Changes for Samantha be the end story. The Samantha saga has gone on long enough. They should make some more books for the other dolls.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gee...when I first read Changes for Samantha many years ago, I was quite disapointed that it was the last book because it was such a dramatic change that I wanted to know what happened next. Nellie's Promise is a story I've longed for for years- one that depicts Nellie's life after the adoption.
    -Angela

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish there would be a Nellie books set! Like a Christmas book, how she got the dress she has and coat. A Birthday book, and a summer book for now, lol! the changes book can be the Valentine theme to tie in the Vday outfit!!!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nellies Promise shows that Mattell is willing to try something new rather than simply recycling ideas. ( The new paper dolls have outfits already in the books, Art studios have pictures alrerady in use, recycled short storys from the magazine). I am looking forward to the Samantha movie and the new products. Mattell would be foolish not to expand products for Samantha abd Nellie as a tie in with the movie. Quit being a kill-joy Felicity-Addie . If this works for Samantha other friends, outfits books and movies could follow.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was simply stating my opinion. I wouldn't mind More Samantha items, I just get tired of AG focusing on Samantha al the time. They need to have some more Kaya short stories, for instance. I don't try to be negative. The best thing about this board is we all have our own opinions and don't just think the same way. I had imagined Nelie doing things totally different from NelLies promise because thats what I would do. It's funner to imagine what happens next.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 24, 2004 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Felicity+Addyfan ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What different things did you have in mind for Nellie ?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nellie still helps the poor but settles into to the upperclass more. Later in life Samantha and Nellie become Titanic survivers (stupid, I know).

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think it's stupid I think it is imgantive dates are off but there is nothing wrong with dreaming about anything squashing any ideas is stupid. I think someone mentioned here about Nellie, Samantha, Agnes and Agatha getting together, I thought that would be fun. I was a bit upset that they didn't put those girls into the Nellie's Promase but I think they just wanted the charicters that were going to be in or mentioned in the movie. Oh, also I heard Nellie's Promase that is going to be in the movie the book was a novelization.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope they make more Nellie books. I have never been a fan of the LE AGOT for a number of reasons but one of them is that they only have one book. The more books, the more interesting a doll is. And the more potential for more outfits & accessories. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •